Bluefield are launching micro satellites with proprietary sensors and algorithms to provide methane emission monitoring at a scale, accuracy and cost that has never before been possible.
Global warming is arguably the world’s biggest problem. Methane is 84 times more damaging than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas. It is responsible for 1⁄4 of the global warming we’re already experiencing. Much of this is due to preventable leaks.
Bluefield’s backpack-sized microsatellites will provide:
- Coverage of the whole world every 24 hours
- Leak location pinpointed to within 20 meters
- 90% reduction in monitoring cost
- Detection of over 95% of industrial leaks
- Real time data analytics
- Reliable results due to a proprietary sensor design